Mollydee5

Mismatched Bookends

Changing the way you think and blog about books!

How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love
Ken Baker
Progress: 35/269 pages
Notes from Underground
Michelle Davidson Argyle, Judy Croome, Anne R. Allen, Lavanya Krishnan, Simon C. Larter, B.A. McMillan, Cee Martinez, J.B. Chicoine, Jean Michelle Miernik, C.N. Nevets, Yvonne Osborn, Beth Overmyer, Susannah E. Pabot, Summer Ross, Rachel Becker, Lisa M. Shafer, Nevine Su
Progress: 36/253 pages
Untouchable (Everwinter Series, #1)
Alice Janell
Progress: 18 %
Where The Dead Fear to Tread
M.R. Gott
Progress: 52 %
Ruby: A Novel
Cynthia Bond
Progress: 43/326 pages

Review of "Batgirl Vol. 3: Death of the Family" by Gail Simone, Ed Benes (Illustrator)

I love comics. I have for a long time. So I was very happy to win this hard covered graphic novel from goodreads.com. I never reviewed a comic or graphic novel before. It is a little tricky.

I liked it a lot I really did. But since it is the third in a series I feel like I am missing some vital information.

I loved the artwork. Very well done.

In this tale, Batgirl is trying to deal with the Joker and all of the pain and torment he has caused Batgirl and her family. And he is not a villain you want to deal with. Or his goons. There are so many people working for him it is scary.

Batgirl does not get a break for even a minute because her life is constantly in danger as well as her mothers. And so many lies are being told, Batgirl does not know what to believe. Does the Joker really have her mother? And if so how does she go about rescuing her.

In the meantime she is also dealing with her brother who is quite insane. Her brother wants to see her suffer and at the end of this graphic novel, we find out why.

And to top it all off there is a serial arsonist loose in Gotham City.

Batman makes an appearance here in this issue.

The fight scenes were great. I was never a follower of Batgirl but she can kick some ass and she is a strong character. Her will to live and her will to do right is very strong and makes her a great heroine.

I would like to go back and read the first two graphic novels.

But for now I enjoyed this one and would recommend it to comic book fans and possibly action fans may like this as a change of pace. There is a bit of mystery and thriller in it also.