Mollydee5

Mismatched Bookends

Changing the way you think and blog about books!

How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love
Ken Baker
Progress: 35/269 pages
Notes from Underground
Michelle Davidson Argyle, Judy Croome, Anne R. Allen, Lavanya Krishnan, Simon C. Larter, B.A. McMillan, Cee Martinez, J.B. Chicoine, Jean Michelle Miernik, C.N. Nevets, Yvonne Osborn, Beth Overmyer, Susannah E. Pabot, Summer Ross, Rachel Becker, Lisa M. Shafer, Nevine Su
Progress: 36/253 pages
Untouchable (Everwinter Series, #1)
Alice Janell
Ruby: A Novel
Cynthia Bond
Progress: 43/326 pages

Review of "Cartoons From A Slightly Warped Mind" by T-McCracken

Yes, I am reviewing a book of cartoons. It is still a book and needs a review.

It was hilarious.

I saw a few of McCrackens cartoons on a site that I do not remember how I got to, and they had to do with books, so I was on top of that. And they were really funny. I put two on my blog because they were so funny and book related. I usually do not spend money on books, (if you know my blog, you know about my incredible winning streak of getting free books) but a little birdy told me this would be a good investment. And at $10.00 total (price of book plus shipping and handling, and she signed it!) it was a great deal for all the laughs I got out of it.

Since I cannot quote or really do a synopsis, here are a few descriptions of some of the cartoons:

A couple sitting on the couch with their dog in a pile of drool, the caption: "Pavlov, dear, either we get rid of the dog or get a different ring tone.

Computer Dictionary, the caption: Obsolete: Any piece of software or hardware that you brought last week for mega bucks.

A picture of a dead man and a dead deer and a police officer, the caption: I'm sorry Mr. Bond, Mr. James Bond, but a license to kill does not include hunting deer out of season.

Picture of a camel in a wheelchair, man talking to a farmer, caption: My client is suing you for growing the straw that broke her back.

Picture of a guy in a grocery store, caption: Only 1 calorie per serving: one million servings per can.

Caption: Jackson Pollock's house painters (you can imagine the cartoon).

And for the Holidays:

Picture of a Reindeer in a bathroom stall, the caption: Rudolph, with his nose so bright, goes in for his drug test.

So I hope you see the twisted humor that McCracken has and hope you could picture those cartoons to the point that you got a good chuckle. I suggest picking up this book. I always loved cartoon. I do not get the newspaper anymore and even when I get it, I do not read the comics. I am not sure why I stopped. But maybe I need to go back to it again. After all, a laugh a day keeps the doctor away.