Mollydee5

Mismatched Bookends

Changing the way you think and blog about books!

How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love
Ken Baker
Progress: 35/269 pages
Notes from Underground
Michelle Davidson Argyle, Judy Croome, Anne R. Allen, Lavanya Krishnan, Simon C. Larter, B.A. McMillan, Cee Martinez, J.B. Chicoine, Jean Michelle Miernik, C.N. Nevets, Yvonne Osborn, Beth Overmyer, Susannah E. Pabot, Summer Ross, Rachel Becker, Lisa M. Shafer, Nevine Su
Progress: 36/253 pages
Untouchable (Everwinter Series, #1)
Alice Janell
Ruby: A Novel
Cynthia Bond
Progress: 43/326 pages
SPOILER ALERT!

A Review of "A Change in the Weather (The Purana Qila Stories, #1)" by Shaheen Ashraf-Ahmed

I received this as an R4R. I love short stories so I was sure to like it. And I thank the R4R community and the author.

It was not horrible, that is the thing. I am giving it two stars because it was very confusing to me. To many names and when referring to he or she I was not sure who the person narrating the story was speaking of. The narration was off. This story could have been told more simply. It was the longest 19 pages I have ever read.

This story appears to be about a father and his son. They do not get along so well. Then the father starts what seems to be a romance with Emily. I get that Emily is much younger.

His father passes away and leaves a stack of letters for his son to read. And what he finds out is interesting. It was a twist. Again, I was still confused about the father of the baby and whether the narrators son had also loved Emily.

It had some nice writing parts. Some good descriptions. But just the names. There was too many people that did not belong in the story that I could see from the ending. And there were many details that did not enhance the story.

I still would read something of this authors because I believe there is something there.